Last Updated: September 4th, 2021
1. COOKIES AND OTHER WEB FILES OR TAGS
1.2 Most of these cookies used by us will be erased from your hard drive immediately after your browser session (so-called session cookies).
1.3 Other cookies remain saved to your device’s hard drive and enable us to recognize your device in the event of a later visit to our website (so-called persistent cookies). It is particularly these cookies that allow us to make our Site more user-friendly, effective and safe. Thanks to these files, for example, it is possible to display information specifically suited to your personal preferences on a certain webpage. A cookie browser session lasts for the duration of 18 hours.
1.4 The cookies will, among other things, track clicks, and online activity.
1.5.1 to estimate Ethiquely’s audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics;
1.5.2 to gather information about your approximate geographic location (e.g. city) to provide localised content;
1.5.3 to store information about your preferences and to allow Ethiquely to customise the Site according to your individual interests and the device or browser you are using;
1.5.4 to continually improve Ethiquely’s Services;
1.5.5 to recognise you when you return to the Site; and
1.5.6 to prevent fraud and/or abuse.
1.6 The legal grounds for processing the information contained in cookies and other such files or tags consists of:
1.6.1 Strictly necessary cookies (i.e. those required in order for the Site to function properly, including to protect the security and integrity of the Site): the performance or entering into of a contract with you (where cookies are necessary as part of the customer journey), or otherwise our legitimate interests in a safe and user-friendly presentation of our Site; or
1.6.2 All non-strictly necessary cookies, such as those used for analytics and advertising purposes: your consent.
1.8 The help function in the menu of most browsers explains how to prevent your browser from accepting (some or all) cookies, how you can erase all collected cookies and how to block all future ones.
1.9 Please see the following steps to manage cookies on some common browsers:
In Internet Explorer:
1. Select the item “Internet Options” from the “Extras” menu in the toolbar.
2. Select the “Privacy” tab.
3. Now, you can choose the safety settings for the internet zone. You select the cookies that are to be accepted or denied.
4. Click “OK” to confirm these settings.
1. Select “Settings” from the toolbar.
2. Click “Privacy”.
3. Select “Use custom settings for history” from the dropdown menu.
4. Now you can select whether cookies are to be accepted and for what duration you want to store the cookies. You can also add exceptions and determine the websites that are always or never allowed to store cookies.
5. Click “OK” to confirm these settings.
In Google Chrome:
1. Select the menu icon in the browser toolbar.
2. Select “Settings”.
3. Click the link “Show advanced settings…”.
4. Click “Content Settings…”.
5. In the “Cookies” section, you can select the following settings:
– Erase cookies
– Block cookies by default
– Erase cookies and website data by default after ending your browser session
– Accept exceptions for cookies from certain websites or website domains.
1.10 We remind you however that, in the event of limited cookie settings on your computer, you may no longer be able to use functions of our Site to the fullest extent possible.
Analysis Tools and Internet Technologies
1.13 This Site makes use of retargeting technologies that are administered by other operators. Through retargeting, users of our partners’ websites, who were previously interested in our Site and in our Services, can be approached with personalized advertisements. If you wish to object to this mode of advertisement, you can deactivate cookies and/or delete existent cookies through your browser settings, following the instructions under “Cookies”.
1.14 The legal basis for the processing of your data along with the use of collective analytical tools and internet technologies is our legitimate interest in obtaining an analysis of the activities and the user’s and surfer’s behaviour on the Site, notably for research, BI, and product development, as well as our legitimate interest (and the interest of third-parties) in the inclusion of personalized advertisements suited to your interests.